5 Days 4 Nights Wanderlust - West & Southwest Sumba
BIWA Sumba 02
Day 1 – TAMBOLAKA – WAIKABUBAK
Welcome to Sumba! On your arrival, you will be welcomed by our English speaking guide who will beholding a board with your name at the airport. When you find our guide, you will be driven to Waikabubak, West Sumba. The drive will take about 45 minutes while youcan sit down, relax and enjoy the ride with your refreshing welcome drink. The first destination after the long drive will be The Tarung & Waitabar traditional villages whichare located in the city centre. Tarung village is known to be the strongest village in West. After that, you will continue your journey to Prai Ijing Megalithic Village which is still in the city area but located just on the hill. In this case, you will need to go up a littlebit to enter the village and discover its breathtaking ricefieldview from the top of the village. You are also able torent a Sumbanese traditional costume for you to feel the ambience while taking pictures.If you are interested in your fate to be read by the Rato of the village or even just curious about these spiritual things, please inform us in advance because we need to prepare a live chicken as the answer comes out of it sliver.
Accommodation : West Sumba
Day 2 – WAIKABUBAK ( B, LB )
A new day, a new adventure. Do not forget to bring swimsuits with you because you will be going to Lapopu Waterfall, you have to pass by a bamboo bridge, which is challenging yet fun. The waterfall can already be seen from the bridge, pouring heavily into a pond of clear water. At around 3 pm, you will be an English teacher at EGK (English Goes to Kampung) this means you will be the volunteers to teach English for the children in the village. With very limited facilities, the students are very enthusiastic and energetic to learn English especially from an outsider. With your presence, it is believed that the class will be more alive. You could teach them how to sing English songs together as well as playing games with them. It would be appreciated if you could bring some snacks / books / or student supplies to make the
Accommodation : West Sumba
Day 3 – Leisure ( B )
Enjoy and relax your own time without a car nor a guide to stand by.
Optional Activities :
- Afternoon tea / Sunset Dinner at Lelewatu Resort.
- Act like local ( Trekking, Paddy Planting, Plowing - Cow, Handwoven, and other traditional activities ).
- Rent Wooden Boat & Fishing at Rua Beach.
- Wooden Boat Charter.
- Horse Riding on the beach.
Min. Booking for 2 pax
Day 4 – RUA - KODI ( B, LB )
After breakfast, the first destination is Weekuri Lagoon, which is approximately an hour drive. It is a salt water lake located on Southwest of Sumba. Do not forget to bring a swimsuit for you to jump in and experience the crystal clear water of Weekuri. To continue the journey, you will be taken to the Mandorak Beach which is nearby the lake. The beach has a colossal sce nery, clear blue seawater and high cliffs of rocks to make this place feel soothing.
There is a big gap between the two rock ridges that lets the water pass through the beach and it allows you to look further towards the ocean. When you are there, you could also go to the higher ground that will give a panoramic view of the coastline and the rocky cliffs. You will be enjoying your lunch at the Mandorak House, a relief project from the European travellers to help the Kodi Tribe preserve their culture and a way of life. The house has a mesmerizing view by the beach where you are able to swim and relax.
After that, you will be visiting the Ratenggaro Village to meet the locals and see their authentic way of life, learning their fascinating culture and see the traditional houses. The village is built right at the beachfront where you can also do horse riding and go around the village.
Rua Beach – Kodi : ± 2 hours driving by car
Day 5 - TAMBOLAKA AIRPORT (B)
Relax until you are going to the Airport.
• Accommodation at Rua Beach Resort and Sumba Hospitality
• Transfer and tours as per the itinerary by private car
• Meals: 4x Breakfast in Hotel and 2x Lunch Box during tour
• All Entrance fees
• Mineral water
• English speaking guide
• Return Flight ticket to Tambolaka - Sumba
• Personal Expenses
• Tipping to Tour guide & Driver
• Rate per person min. 2 persons.
• Rate valid until March 31, 2020
What to bring:
• Sun Screen, Swimsuit, Comfortable foot wear and small towel during tour, Sun glasses, Extra clothes, Camera for documentation.
• To Tambolaka Airport Wings OR Garuda Airlines (Indonesian domestic airline) is highly suggested due to tight schedule. Client only can go to 1 destination on day one if using NAM air (other Indonesia domestic airline).
• Please contact us, should you need our assistance to book domestic flight ticket in Indonesia.